ForumThreadQuery to display a user's UnRead Threads

We have a business requirement to display Forum Threads filtered by Tags.  We are basically modifying the current Forum Thread List widget, and introducing a new velocity extension that uses the ForumThreads.Get(ForumThreadQuery) method since the Public Api does not support sending tags along with the $core_v2_forumThread.List() method.

My question is what is the proper way to configure the ForumThreadQuery to return a user's unRead threads for a Group.  I have tried the following with no luck:  I get back a single Thread when the out of the box widget has pages of unRead threads for my user.

ForumThreadQuery query = new ForumThreadQuery { 
              UnReadOnly = true,
              SortBy = SortThreadsBy.FirstPost,
              SortOrder = SortOrder.Descending,
              IncludeSubGroupSections = true,
              IsCacheable = false,
              ReturnFullThread = true,
              GroupID = 32,
              UserID = 2110
            };

We are on 6.1.16 - I know this is not "Supported" but it is a business requirement and I need to make it work at the end of the day.

• Looking at the configuration of your ForumThreadQuery, my only assumption is that you're not viewing the same filtered content on the site (not unread only or not filtered to the same group).

Also of note, IsCacheable and ReturnFullThread have no effect on this query.

• In reply to Ben Tiedt:

I guess what I am saying is I would like to (ideally from the PublicApi) pass in a CSV list of tags of which will filter my forum posts.  I see it is available for blog post, but not ForumThreads.  

Related