• Not Answered

Telligent Connect - Object reference not set

Hi.

I'm using Sitecore 7.1 + Telligent Community 7.6 with Telligent Connect 3.0 and i've been following the installation and configuration guide for Telligent Connect 3.0, but i can't get it working.

After inserting the Telligent Evolution widget on my Sitecore page through the Page Editor, i click on the configuration button for the widget and i get a "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error.

Here is the complete stack trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Telligent.Evolution.Controls.ContentFragmentTokenStringControl.CreateChildControls() +2222
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +188
   Telligent.Evolution.Controls.ContentFragmentTokenStringControl.OnInit(EventArgs e) +72
   System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +185
   System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) +188
   Telligent.DynamicConfiguration.Controls.PropertyControl.CreateChildControls() +1085
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +188
   Telligent.DynamicConfiguration.Controls.PropertyControl.DataBind(Boolean reloadData) +82
   Telligent.DynamicConfiguration.Controls.PropertyControl.DataBind() +51
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() +12745319
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +321
   Telligent.DynamicConfiguration.Controls.ConfigurationForm.CreateControlHierarchy() +4414
   Telligent.DynamicConfiguration.Controls.ConfigurationForm.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +128
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +304
   Telligent.Evolution.SitecoreIntegration.Web.Configure.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +2609
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3178

Anyone have any idea what i did wrong? I've created the OAuth settings on my Telligent Community site and i've done all the editing of the .config file in my Sitecore installation. I'm using Sitecore authentication by the way.

2 Replies

• First, the connector does not currently support Sitecore 7.1, only 7.0 and earlier.  Doesn't mean it won't work, but we don't test on 7.1 or support it yet.

This is also not enough to troubleshoot.  You will need to provide fiddler traces and copies of your TelligentEvolution.config file.  I encourage you to open a ticket with our support team, but you should still only use 7.0 as that is what is supported for Sitecore.

• In reply to Patrick Mason:

to be clear, that version of the connector only supports Sitecore 7.0 and 6.6

Related