• Not Answered

Getting ready for the upgrade

Hi Community. We're laying the groundwork for our 8.x upgrade. I could use some feedback/benchmarking from anyone who has done an upgrade or you're in the process. We are an out-of-the box employee facing experience. Right now I'm trying to run the budget numbers for the bosses. Any input you have would be appreciated and we're happy to benchmark with you. If you want to contact me, rdotson@ti.com is probably the easiest. Thanks, Richard

1 Reply

• We are in the process of doing this. We have a dev/qa/prod "landscape", with our production instance mainly public-facing. The dev instance is deployed and upgrading took less than a day (using Zimbra professional services onsite). The qa instance is hosted, and the upgrade took Zimbra hosting less than 4 hours (I believe). We are currently looking at upgrading the hosted prod instance later this month. The biggest challenge we have encountered so far is preserving customized widget resources. We are starting over from a UI perspective with basically an OOTB experience (to take advantage of the responsive design). We do not have much customization in place (since we did the 5.5 to 7.6 jump at the end of 2013).

Related