Moved groups, lost forum posts

Hi,

I'm using 5.6, and I moved a few groups and have subsequently lost all the forum posts from before the move. The groups were moved from a main page into a subgroup.

Please help! All the links are leading to a "Not found" page.

Thanks,

Cheryl

• I should also note, not all forum posts are missing, it seems to be between a certain date (still trying to figure out the range).

• In reply to Cheryl M:

Hi Cheryl --

Have you checked to see if the forum threads referred to by the links still exist when you navigate to the moved group's forum directly?  Changing a group's parent group *does* change the URLs of posts made in that group, so links directly to those URLs might appear to be missing, but the posts should not be deleted.  

If necessary, it should be possible with other server-side tools to support rewriting URLs requesting the original locations to their new locations.

• In reply to Michael Monteleone:

Can you run the attached SQL script against your database?  Instructions on how to interpret the results are given in the comments at the top of the script.  This will verify if you have any permission mismatches between the Group hierarchy and the permission node hierarchy.  I've seen this cause such issues with content seeming to disappear after moving an entire application or group.

RepareNodeHierarchy.sql
  • In reply to Alex Crome:

Thanks Michael and Alex.

Alex, I'm not sure how to do what you've requested, and we don't have a proper IT person over here. Is it possible to have Telligent support help out with this?

Thanks,

Cheryl

• In reply to Cheryl M:

Michael, as you suggested, the posts are still in the forums (phew!), so I won't  worry too much about the links in the activity stream not working, as we're hoping to remove those and just have the list of forum posts going forward.

That brings me to a new question -- is there any way to remove the "Home" tab on a group? I'd like people to go straight into the forums (only for certain groups, which do not have any other applications associated with them except the forums). I know I can remove the Application Navigation widget, but then I lose the "New Post" button. Is there any way around this? For some reason, our Quick Post widget does not include Forums in it, so I need a workaround until I can get that part sorted out.

Cheers,

Cheryl

• In reply to Cheryl M:

Any help would be great....

• In reply to Cheryl M:

There seems to be no configuration options for that widget. It looks like you would have to either modify the Group - Application Navigation widget or create a copy of that widget and modify it to work as you'd like.

Related