How can I move a wiki entry to a forum post?

How can I move a wiki entry made by someone else to a forum post?

• There is no way to move a wiki page to a forum post as such beyond copying the wiki text & pasting into a new forum post.  It shouldn't be too tricky however to build a custom widget to automate this process.

We have functionality to allow copying from forum --> wikis for the purpose of capturing FAQs, but I'm not sure what the use case would be for the other direction.

• In reply to Alex Crome:

FWIW, I have "moved" enough wiki articles and blog articles to forum threads to more than justify a use case for it. There are quite a few people who do not understand the difference between wiki, blog, and forum (believe it or not... it is true), so "click fatigue" usually sets in and a member will post wherever they land. It sure would be nice to have an ability to "move" content from a blog or wiki (AND an idea) to a forum post (as the starting post) and comments to those things as reply posts.

• In reply to Phil Chouinard:

Phil Chouinard

FWIW, I have "moved" enough wiki articles and blog articles to forum threads to more than justify a use case for it. There are quite a few people who do not understand the difference between wiki, blog, and forum (believe it or not... it is true), so "click fatigue" usually sets in and a member will post wherever they land. It sure would be nice to have an ability to "move" content from a blog or wiki (AND an idea) to a forum post (as the starting post) and comments to those things as reply posts.

I think a lot of confusion would disappear if comments were simply eliminated in favor of forum threads. See this thread for my idea about that:

Reimplmenting Comments as Forum Threads

Related