Setting up a shared calendar

I need assistance setting up a content  calendar in a private group in our Community which is based on Telligent 6.0.

All group members must be able to make entries and ideally it would feed into another calendar software (ie: MS Outlook) so I can send reminders. Please help, all documentation Ive seen on calendars is close to 2 years old and Ive not found any "how to" guides.

• If you want group members to add events then you need to edit the group permissions to grant the add and edit event permissions to the members roles.  Note it will apply to all calendars int eh group.

There really isn't a way to feed the calendar to other places.  The closest is being able to download an ical file for an event to import into supported systems but it is is disconnected(won't reflect changes).

There is Rss Feeds and potenitally REST(though 6.0 calendar REST was still new) but it is custom work

• In reply to Patrick Mason:

Thanks, Patrick. Currently, I cant even get the calendar to load on the page. Ive set it up 5 times and when add the calendar widget and save and refresh the page it takes me right back to the starting point of the widget (ie: Add Calendar). Are there any step-by-step instructions available you can point me to?

• Hi Rachelle

May I suggest that you take a look at Chronos http://4-roads.com/products/zimbra/chronos.aspx

Regards,
    Rob

From: Rachelle McKinney [mailto:bounce-rachelleNaustin@communities.telligent.com]
    Sent: 23 June 2014 22:32
    To: bugsandissues@communities.telligent.com
    Subject: RE: [Bugs and Issues - Telligent Community] Setting up a shared calendar

Thanks, Patrick. Currently, I cant even get the calendar to load on the page. Ive set it up 5 times and when add the calendar widget and save and refresh the page it takes me right back to the starting point of the widget (ie: Add Calendar). Are there any step-by-step instructions available you can point me to?

Related