Null Reference error on control panel tabs

I have successfully added a new tab to the admin control panel - group admin screen.

I want to duplicate this tab in the group owner - group edit screen (with some appropriate tweaks).

After modifying the appropriate settings in siteurls_override, nav.config and so forth, I'm receiving an object reference not set error.

I've poured over everything I can think of and can't seem to find the solution, and the event logs aren't helping to tell me where I've messed up.  I believe it's a link url formatting error but don't know where to look next...

Any clues?

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:30.0) Gecko/20100101 Fire
Server: **redacted**V
Path: /controlpanel/Groups/GroupExportTab.aspx?GroupID=1379 as HTTP GET
Referrer: https://<oursite>/controlpanel/Groups/Setup.aspx?GroupID=1379&returnToGroup=true
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Telligent.Evolution.ControlPanel.Groups.BaseGroupMenuItem.FormatLink(HttpContext context, Tab tab)
at Telligent.Evolution.ControlPanel.Controls.Tab.FormatLink(HttpContext context)
at Telligent.Evolution.ControlPanel.Controls.ControlPanelNavigationTabs.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

• After 6 hours of poking at this I found that the new page's base class did not extend BaseGroupPage.

Once that was done I got more debugging options when viewing the page and found a code error on my part.

Related